Wayne County Public Health
1519 Nye Rd., Lyons
Lead poisoning is caused by swallowing or breathing in lead. Lead is a
metal that can harm children and adults when it gets into their bodies.
Lead can be found in dust, air, water, soil, and in some products used
in and around our homes. Lead can harm a young child.s growth,
behavior, and ability to learn. Children under six years old are more
likely to get lead poisoning than any other age group. Most often,
children get lead poisoning from breathing in or swallowing dust from
old lead paint that gets on floors and windowsills, hands and toys.
Lead can also be passed from mother to baby during pregnancy. The
Dept. of Public Health provides information on testing and staff who
provide follow-up services for children with elevated blood lead levels.
By appointment only. Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm.
Contents were provided by The Green Angels in collaboration with agencies, organizations, citizens and officials who are committed to providing the community of Wayne County accurate and needed resource information so that all people in our community may find help with living challenges and reach their full potential.
Information and data subject to change. For up to date services listings please visit us online at www.wayneresourceguide.org (provided with the
generosity of the Bullis Fund/Rochester Area Community Foundation).
Copyright © 2010 - 2017. Designed and Maintained by Lichti International, Inc.